Monday, November 14, 2011

Cirque du Soleil Corteo


SQUEAALLL It's not only that time of the year, but Cirque du Soleil is also back in town! Corteo opened its tents on November 4th and the show will go on until the 31st of December, so get your tickets quick if you're in Paris! Instead of being staged in a stadium like Saltimbanco did last year, majestic tents were set up in the close suburb of Boulougne-Billancourt. Its getting a little cool in Paris, but worry you not, the temperature in the tent is controlled.

The show was magical as usual. Yet again, pictures were not allowed inside the tent (I did manage to sneak one before the show started however). The stage was majestic, dim lit chandeliers set the ambience to the carnival like background. The tent was smaller that I imagined, and almost regretted getting the Golden Circle tickets as we were very close to the stage. I would've preferred cheaper tickets that gave me a better view of the whole set. But still, no regrets, I could've touched the acrobats if I wanted to!

We were particularly impressed by the chandelier act in the beginning of the spectacle. In fact, all the acrobatic acts lefts our mouths open and begging for more. The clowns, however, I thought were a bit lame and not as funny as Saltimbanco. I must admit, I did yawn during a clown act, but that could also be explained by my lack of naptime that day!

Tickets range from €34 to €375 (for "red carpet" shows), and price also depends on weekday/weekend shows and matinée/night shows. I suggest going for the Categorie 1 or 2 tickets for a nice full view of the stage. It will also save you from neck pain from always having to gaze upwards! The tent is set up on an island, and cars aren't allowed across the bridge. There is a metro nearby, or else parking is available before the bridge, and you will need to walk over for about 10 mins to reach the tents.

For tickets and more info, checkout http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/fr/shows/corteo/show/about.aspx

Photos by Me

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant and informative post! I had no idea that you were in on blogging. I always thought that you should, since you have a fairly unique perspective on life in Paris. I look forward to reading additional (as well as past) posts!

    The Queen of Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! i didn't know you were either!

    ReplyDelete