Monday, February 14, 2011

Parc Monceau


Parc Monceau is a semi-public park in the 8th arrondissement surrounded by ornate gates and gorgeous residences. It covers an area of about 20 acres. It doesn't stand out much in terms of beauty compared to the other gardens and parks in Paris, but what attracted me most were the apartments/hotel particulier (urban private houses) that surrounds it. Tall windows are draped with what I can only imagine to be the finest curtains, and I envision the apartments being decorated in 18th century furniture!

It's safe to say that it is probably way more beautiful in the summer when the flowers bloom and skies not so gray, but it was a nice way to end the weekend. On the way back to our car, we found a little museum that I will blog about next. Parc Monceau is open from 7am to 8pm in the winter and from 7am to 10pm in the summer.

Metro: Monceau
Photos by Me

5 comments:

  1. beautiful gates! love. will visit it when im in paris next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Promise I won't be so lazy this time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo of the bird is great. How did you manage to get it in flight?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks.. it was luck really! It decided to fly off immediately as I snapped (I initially wanted to take a pic of it just hanging around)..

    ReplyDelete